New canine commission: Rhodesian Ridgeback

After last week's excitement with soluble graphite, I have gone back to familiar territory for my latest commission.
Anton is on the drawing board.  He is a gorgeous gentle and noble Ridgeback.
Here for your viewing is the result of the very first 20 minutes work. 
I always start with the eyes and if I feel they are coming alive carry on with the drawing working from left to right. 

I feel they (Anton's eyes) are alive enough to work from here over the next few days. I will post more steps with technical details as they come along.
(Off now to catch some shut eye before the sunrises.... ciao ciao )


Comments

Grahame Butler said…
looks good so far, I have a real problem with any animal fur.
Thanks Grahame, I find that practise has been the only way to "getting" the fur right as well as loving the feel it :)

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Grey as in grey stallion

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Wilma the French Bulldog