Pencils still making sense: step2 of new graphite drawing.


Here is the "state of affairs" before the beginning of the WE.
Pencils have been eagerly scribbling and co-operating. Some progress has been made to the hair, the head and the jacket.
Drawing hidden eyes and expression is a little tricky. Not quite there yet.
Will need a few more hours and once that is looking good I'll put a jacket on.

Will post a new update on Monday (or Tuesday).
Until then, wishing you all a "spiffingly" excellent week-end and a terrific Mother's Day.

Comments

Yes its looking good !

Have a nice weekend

Wizz :-)
Arti said…
Coming out so nicely!You draw clothes beautifully.I will wait to see the final drawing.
happy mothers' day to you, too.
ruthie said…
i love to see the magical process of your work, so interesting - i always seem to have to start with the eyes first no matter what i am drawing!
kslaughter said…
Hi Sheona,
I found your blog through Laure's Painted Thoughts blog---so glad I did! I love your work---so inspiring!

I am excited to see that we are neighbors. I am an American living in Waterloo. We have been here for 9 yrs, but we are leaving in June to go back to Louisiana for 1 yr and then on to Paris.

I will be back to see your progress on this beautiful portrait---All the best to you~~Kathy

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Grey as in grey stallion

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Wilma the French Bulldog