Pencils making sense: new drawing begun

I have not been sitting pretty (I wish!) but scribbling away with my partners in crime.
Above the result.
This is a big drawing.
Paper: A2 sheet of Mellotex paper.
Concept: interpreting the special bond that can develop between children and man's best friend. A special kind of happiness.
Rules: only three pencils: 2B, F and 4H.
References: self made photos taken last year at an agricultural fair in Scotland.
Models: my youngest and a big anonymous hound.

This is a very interesting drawing to work on: it is the first time I combine motherhood and my love for dogs.
One thing for absolute certain: I'm going to savour every moment.

Comments

Melody Lea Lamb said…
Great start! Can't wait to see the progress. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)
look forward to seeing this one come to life :-)

Wizz
Teresa Mallen said…
This is off to a lovely start! I look forward to seeing it progress.
Hello Melody, Teresa and Wizz.
Thank you for the encouragement. I'll post as often as I can it will help keep the momentum and focus :)

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Grey as in grey stallion

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Wilma the French Bulldog