Dressage drawing: new progress made


I've tacked him up.
Both the bridles and saddle have been added (still need refining).
The tail is still to be added. This is where I hope to emphasize his power and create extra movement.
I like the paper, not in love with it but we are good buddies.
The tooth allows for much faster results as not as many layers are needed to create darks. I'm not convinced I will achieve the detail I do with Mellotex. Only time will tell.
Back up to draw a swishing tail!

Comments

Unknown said…
Beautiful work Sheona. It's going to be a real masterpiece as always.

Love it
Beautiful piece! Don't you just love drawing the tack?

Nancy
Unknown said…
Dors: thank you, the tail needs to be finished. I'm hoping it'll do what it's meant to;)

Nancy: Thanks. I used to really hate drawing the tack but now actually really enjoy it: I've learned to slow down and enjoy all the different intricaties.
Ruth said…
Wow - That is absolutely lovely!

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Mathieu Kessels: le Deluge.

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Grey as in grey stallion