Johnny Jo- Sketched by Monica Dahl


Journal Entry 2010
Monica Dahl.
All rights reserved

Alive Johnny had this ability of enchanting people with his magic tail-wagging "smile", little did I know he could do it after his death.


A short time after "Johnny Jo" died, one of my readers (fellow artist Monica Dahl) contacted me asking for permission to use a " JJ photograph" as a reference.


Johnny Jo
Journal entry close-up.
Pencil on Paper
Monica Dahl. All rights reserved


The result is a wonderful sketch capturing his whole Johnny-ness; his big-hair - big eyes - big heart.

The result a beautiful timeless entry into Monica's very personal and precious traveling sketchbook.

The result a tear in my eye and a smile on my lips.



Here is one more example of Monica's delicate and beautiful pencil work.

Hope
pencil on paper.
Monica Dahl.2011
All rights reserved.

Comments

I fitting tribute to a happy chappie :)
Elizabeth I so agree. Monica captured him wonderfully, super nice to see how he's living on!

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Grey as in grey stallion

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Wilma the French Bulldog