Racing Ready

Hot off the board and freshly signed.
This is "Racing Ready" a wonderful moment captured by fellow artist and friend Linda Shantz on one of her very early morning escapades in Keenland a few years ago.
She gave me the green light allowing my pencils have a wee bash at rendering this amazing athlete (speaking of the horse of course!)

I miss the horses, daily, and wanted to feel one near me.
I figured putting down an extra layer of detail and sharpened the pencils that wee bit more might do the trick.

"Racing Ready"
Pencil on Paper
37x41 cm
Reference courtesy of Linda Shantz
Available

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Mathieu Kessels: le Deluge.

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Grey as in grey stallion