Week ending with a finished drawing.



The week has ended quite ok despite a terrible start. Finished my first study of Gladiator.
I fell in love with Gladiator the moment I set eyes on him.  
He is a giant of a stallion with charisma and a heart to match. 
Three words to describe him: big, bold and incredibly beautiful.
"Goodwill and Harmony" is the title I opted for (after much debating). Why? On the day of the shoot, there was a real sense of serenity, trust and confidence. This guy is big: I mean gigantically big but showed only calmness and kindness.
I am soooo happy to have a few more references I can use to show the world a great equine specimen.
Any hoo that's all for now, new exhibition to get ready for.

Cheers for now.

Comments

hbedrosian said…
Sheona,

First of all, I am sorry to hear about Tom in the last post. You have captured his memory beautifully in your drawing.

Secondly, I really like how in the drawing of Tom as well as this horse drawing you've created compositions focusing on the animal while including the human connection. Very nicely done.

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Mathieu Kessels: le Deluge.

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Grey as in grey stallion