March first, first entry: Driving Force


Spring is just around the corner but before it appears I thought I would show off a little study I've done on the context of the Equine Art Guild week-end parties. The reference photograph for this piece was taken by Juliet Harrison and inspired me to zoom in on this brilliant subject.
The result is quite obviously an unusual study of a horses' behind.
" Driving Force", the fourth study in my series " Horse Power" is also a reflection of equines I feel a real affinity towards. They are strong, beautiful, quiet, resilient and majestic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Mathieu Kessels: le Deluge.

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Grey as in grey stallion