No more scribbling for now but loads of pixels ...

As many of you know, the last few month have seen an increase in my photography work and a decrease in my drawings.

Due to health reasons my scribble friends are resting.

Black and white images are however still being created to enjoy and share and reason behind them as powerful as ever.

Lock me in a room alone or hand me a camera, and there’s a mutation. 
A serious change in my perception of depth, to be exact in the complexity and profundity of my train of thought;  all becomes somewhat intense.

To be blunt:  I detest shallow, fear the superficial and run at olympian speed from cosmetic chic.

Authenticity is the only genuine belief guiding my vision.

This is where Black and white comes in.
I see a monotone world where light is everything, where superficiality can find no roots, where emotions are raw.

There’s no hiding, paddling in shallow waters, playing to the tune of superficial commercial stereotyped beauty.
Black and white images engulf you. 
The light branding an image within.
Existing only at the surface: never possible


black and white portrait of man sitting pensively on a stool"On the Edge"
Sheona-Ann Photography
2017

Sitting in a darkened room, on the edge of not knowing, believing, understanding.
This happens to all of us.
It’s a dark moment, a lonely moment. 
For the outsider looking in a haunting moment mirroring so much of what’s inside of us.

If you are interested in discovering more of my photography work here are a few links to help ;)
or view my website sheona-ann-photography.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Mathieu Kessels: le Deluge.

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Grey as in grey stallion