All ears




Here is the first in the series (hopefully ) of new canine portraits.


I became a member of the CAG a while back and it is has been the right move to get motivated and inspired to start up my canine work.


This little dog is Jack Russel know by the name of Cleo. I took the photos back in 2001 while in Washington DC on a "commission trip". She was so small but had a definately an xl character. The big ears and the oversize collar just had to bee drawn.


I'm pleased enough with the result-the paper was a serious nightmare...watercolour Ingres paper so rough and fluffy.... bit the bullet and carried on....never again! All down to experience. the next can only be better and I reckon I've learned quite a bit through this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Mathieu Kessels: le Deluge.

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Grey as in grey stallion